[et_pb_section admin_label=”section”][et_pb_row admin_label=”row”][et_pb_column type=”1_3″][et_pb_image admin_label=”Image” show_in_lightbox=”off” url_new_window=”off” animation=”left” sticky=”off” align=”left” force_fullwidth=”off” always_center_on_mobile=”on” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid” src=”http://theredwoodclubpetaluma.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/TRCBlogNov15-image_Page_1_Image_0002.jpg”]
[/et_pb_image][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”2_3″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” text_font_size=”14″ use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”]
Cold, dark mornings, short days, holiday celebrations, plus rich and delicious meals and treats. Added up?
The perfect equation for getting off course in your fitness routine. Even the most disciplined fitness devotee or athlete can find themselves struggling to keep to an active lifestyle during the winter. So how can you be sure to get in your time at the gym or on the trail, even when the daylight hours are dwindling? We’ve got a list of tips and tricks to keep you moving all through the wintertime!
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][et_pb_row admin_label=”Row”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” text_font_size=”14″ use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”]
- Beat the wintertime chill. Set your thermostat to warm up before you get out of bed. This will make getting up early to fit in a workout much easier. If it’s as warm in your house as it is under that comforter, you are more likely to get moving.
- Bring the sunlight inside. Invest in a lamp that simulates daylight indoors. There are many models that can be set on a timer to gradually increase the early morning “sunlight” in your room, and they oftentimes have an alarm feature included.
- Morning music. Speaking of alarm clocks, get rid of that annoying beep or ring and set your alarm to music that motivates and inspires you in the morning. Hearing that perfect song first thing in the morning can work wonders to get you up an at ‘em in the morning.
- Get a buddy. There is power in numbers. Find someone with similar goals and make a date to go for a walk or jog, or meet up at the gym. This can be a great way to add a little social time into your workout and knowing someone is waiting on you is a great way to keep you accountable to your commitments.
- Hire a trainer. If you don’t think you can keep your momentum going on your own all winter, consider hiring a trainer. Not only do you get the built in accountability, but your trainer can help give you even more tips and pointers to get the most out of your workout during the winter.
While it’s not always the easiest to show up for your workout when the weather isn’t agreeable, keeping a regular routine can help you have a healthier, happier winter season. Plus, no need for radical weight loss or fitness related resolutions come New Year’s–instead, make a resolution to spend more time with friends, see a new country, or learn that language you’ve been meaning to study. For more information on how to stay healthy all year round, or to look into hiring a trainer, stop by the Redwood Club Petaluma and talk with one of our knowledgeable staff members today.